Job Title: Administrative Secretary
Department: Community Services and Family Supports
Reports to: Director, Community Services
Salary Level: $32,398 – $43,416 (DOE)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Administrative Secretary will support the Director of Community Services and Family Supports by performing administrative and office support activities. Completes administrative functions related to special projects and daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
• Word processing and development of written correspondence
• Coordinate and manage calendars for team meetings, department level trainings and events
• Organize data into written reports and spreadsheets
• Develop presentations including visual aids
• Develop systems for filing and maintaining essential department documents
• Coordinate mass mailing campaigns
• Field telephone calls and responds to inquiring on behalf of CSFS Director
• Receives and directs visitors
• Create and revise office systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and recordkeeping methods.
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly skilled in each duty including maintaining timelines and organization. An individual must also be proficient in the use of computer applications. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A minimum typing speed of 45 wpm. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Project management skills, report skills, administrative writing and strong communication skills, Microsoft Office skills, managing processes, organization, analyzing information, professionalism, problem solving, supply management, inventory control, proficient in internet research abilities, and able to multi-task. Available evenings and weekends when necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma and 3 years clerical experience supporting senior management level professionals or a B.A. Degree and 1 year of experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).