Position Title: Administrative Secretary
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Director of Children Services
Salary Range: $41,764 - $61,705 annually
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Administrative Secretary will support the Director of Children Services by performing administrative and office support activities. Completes administrative functions related to special projects and daily case management operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field telephone calls and respond to case management inquiries on behalf of the Director of Children Services
- Receive and direct visitors
- Work processing and development of written correspondence
- Coordinate and manage calendars department level trainings and meetings
- Organize data into written reports and spreadsheets
- Develop presentations including visual aids
- Develop systems for filing and maintaining essential department documents
- Coordinate mass mailing campaigns
- Create and revise office systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and record keeping methods
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies
- Works routinely with confidential materials and handles sensitive situations
- Prepares for signature all outgoing reports, assessments/evaluations, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and communication with other departments, individuals, and the public
- On occasion supports public meetings, which may be held in the evening, by performing administrative or technological functions
- Other projects and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly skilled in each duty including maintaining timelines and organization. An individual must also be proficient in the use of computer applications. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and Word Software, Zoom, Internet research abilities; strong communication and writing skills; highly organized and able to multi-task; analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma and 4 years clerical experience or a B.A. Degree and 1 year of experience. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).