Position Title: Fiscal Services Manager
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Salary Range: $60,778 - $85,521
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Seeking a Fiscal Services Manager who will delegate, supervise, and motivate accounting staff members to ensure the department operates efficiently. In addition, the Fiscal Services Manager will be responsible for evaluating and improving department systems and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency. This position will supervise nine employees in two separate units. The Purchase of Services unit is responsible for processing monthly payments to vendors totaling $35m. The Revenue/Trust unit administers monthly funds received from Social Security funds totaling $1.3m for individuals conserved by SCLARC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the daily activities of the Purchase of Services unit that process authorizations, post vendor invoices, and generate payments three times per month.
- Review invoice accruals and cash requirements report ensuring vendor payments are accurate and determine cash requirements necessary to fund the check run.
- Assist Service Coordinators and vendors with authorizations and billing questions, and payments.
- Manage the Revenue/Trust department’s monthly process of posting receivables, applying the funds downloaded from social security to the outstanding receivables, generating vendor board and care and client personal and incidental payments, and reconciling the client fund balance at month end.
- Engage with Fiscal Assistants, Service Coordinators, management, and vendors to resolve problems with the purchase of services authorizations, vendor invoices and payments, board and care placements, and social security determinations.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the units and the supervisory responsibilities under the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
The Purchase of Services and Revenue Manager supervisors nine staff members.
Essential skills for Fiscal Services Manager include leadership, time management, communication, and problem-solving. The Fiscal Services Manager must have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once by focusing on one task while keeping track of others. The organization will consider reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; a minimum of five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.