Position Title: Program Manager
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Chief of Case Management
Salary Range: $67,799 - $100,170
Supervises and coordinates activities of Service Coordinators and oversees case management activities involving Individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Lanterman Act and the agency’s mission and core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Service Coordinators in providing case management services for individuals between the ages of 3 and 22, assigning caseloads and related duties; coordinates activities of staff in providing case management services to assist individuals we serve with on-going problems as well as emergency crisis intervention.
- Assists Service Coordinators through individual and/or group planning meetings including but not limited to i.e., Forensic Assessment Team (FAT), Community Living Option (CLO) Meeting, DCFS Team Meetings, and Interdisciplinary Team Meetings and with analyzing case issues to facilitate service delivery activity.
- Reviews case records and evaluates performance of staff members and recommends indicated action.
- Participates in developing and implementing agency administrative policy.
- Interfaces with individuals we serve individually or in groups on planned basis and in emergencies.
- Trains new employees and provides in service training for staff in areas such as agency policy, case management procedures, department procedures, and agency or state government regulations.
- Represents agency in community or in interagency activities.
- Maintain and cultivates effective working relationships with DDS, vendors, generic agencies (i.e., DCFS, school districts, IHSS, etc.) staff and management.
- Conducts or directs staff development programs. Knowledgeable of traditional services and the Self Determination Program. Will supervise Service Coordinators who have cases in the Self Determination Program.
- Assists in the identification of vendors and appropriate providers of service and monitors facility liaison contacts.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of statistical narrative reports.
- Maintains and cultivates effective working relationships with vendors, primary and secondary individuals, staff and management.
- Knowledgeable in Person Centered case management activities and trained in Person-Centered Thinking.
- May act as Department Director in his/her absence.
Directly supervises 12-20 employees, depending on the unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Fluent in Spanish preferred with ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, and effectively present information to public groups desired but not required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and awareness to diverse groups. Must be able to handle confidential information and adhere to Welfare and Institution (W and I) codes.