Position Title: Accountant I
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Controller
Job Classification: Full - time
Salary Range: $42,017 – $71,864
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Perform the accountings duties to ensure the organizations financial records are accurate throughout the year. The accounting duties include reconciling bank statements and other balance sheet accounts, updating schedules for audits, completing various revenue and expenses analysis, and monitoring various financial activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Analyze and reconcile various accounts and prepare journal entries
- Complete monthly bank reconciles for multiple back accounts
- Ensure timely recording of all cash receipts to the general ledger
- Assist with the preparation and closing of the state claim
- Prepare cash flow analysis
- Prepare various reports required by the Department of Developmental Services
- Assist with the month end closing process
- Back up for payroll process by ADP Workforce and accounts payable
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES -None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The position requires an analytical person who works independently and is able to multi task in a fast paced environment. The person must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Public or Business Administration or related field from a four-year college or university or four years’ experience as full-charge bookkeeper with general ledger experience and the completion of college senior level courses in accounting
Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel – including formulas and data management.