Position: Staff Accountant
Job Class: Full-Time
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Controller
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsibilities: Analyzing financial information to ensure the accuracy of reports submitted to management and the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), complete multiple bank reconciliations, conduct vendor audits to ensure compliance with contract guidelines, manage the organizations banking positive pay functions, prepare year-end audit schedules, and serve as a resource to the Controller on various projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries and maintains the accuracy of the general ledger
- Assist with the month end close process and the preparation of the State Claim
- Ensure timely recording of all cash receipts to the general ledger
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts and record adjusting entries
- Prepare bank transfer requests
- Prepare cash flow analysis
- Maintain manual check log and journal entry log
- Know ADP Workforce payroll system
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and interface with auditors.
- Prepare monthly grant-related reports and submits to Controller and Grant Coordinators for review.
- Tracks grant receivable amounts and ensure timely receipt of reimbursement from grant organizations
- Function as back up to accounts payable.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration along with 5+ years of accounting experience, Nonprofit or contract accounting experience a plus, excellent writing and verbal skills, advanced accounting software knowledge, and willingness to learn and grow with the organization.